Don’t miss a beat! Here are yesterday’s top stories on MedicalXpress:
- New study finds that most cancer mutations are due to random DNA copying ‘mistakes’: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-03-cancer-mutations-due-random-dna.html
- Boosting natural brain opioids may be a better way to treat anxiety: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-03-boosting-natural-brain-opioids-anxiety.html
- Scientists unveil a giant leap for anti-aging: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-03-scientists-unveil-giant-anti-aging.html
- Team finds another immune system link science said didn’t exist: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-03-team-immune-link-science-didnt.html
- New stem cell method produces millions of human brain and muscle cells in days: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-03-stem-cell-method-millions-human.html
Medical Xpress – Medical and Health News
Wait until you see this dog obsessed with HUGGING!
Meet the Dog Obsessed with Hugging!
The Doctors discuss Louboutina, a 5-year-old golden retriever who craves physical touch. She has an obsession with hugging.
Sesame Street is breaking new ground by introducing a character with autism, a Muppet named Julia.
‘Sesame Street’ Introduces First Character With Autism
The children’s program is sharing a positive message of inclusion by welcoming Julia, a muppet with autism, to the cast.
Pearl of the Day
“FNH is often an incidental finding at imaging in asymptomatic patients, and distinction between FNHs and other hypervascular focal liver lesions such as hepatocellular adenoma, hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), and hypervascular metastases is critical to ensure proper management. Indeed, FNH is not associated with any malignant potential.Therefore, most confirmed FNHs are managed conserva- tively.Surgical approach is considered for rare sympto- matic lesions and when the diagnosis of hepatocellular adenoma or carcinoma cannot be ruled out.”
Imaging of Hepatic Focal Nodular Hyperplasia: Pictorial Review and Diagnostic Strategy
Burgio MD et al.
Semin Ultrasound CT MRI 37:511-524 (2016)
CTisus: Cutting edge information on body CT (Computed tomography).
Family vacations: Stress reliever or stress inducer?
6 Ways Family Vacations Help Kids Cope With Stress | World of Psychology
Research shows family vacations can act as “happiness anchors” and help reduce your child’s stress.
Our Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer reference was updated with a study on screening overdiagnosis #MedUpdate http://wb.md/2lP3xQx
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Practice Essentials, Background, Pathophysiology
Lung cancers are generally divided into two main categories: small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and non–small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). NSCLC accounts for approximately 85% of all lung cancers.
Courtesy: Prof Nabil Ebraheim, University of Toledo, Ohio, USA
The good, the bad, and the best time to drink each.
Beer vs. Coffee: This Is Your Brain On Each [INFOGRAPHIC]
Beer will help you come up with the right idea, but you need coffee to carry out that idea.
Researchers and medical practitioners need to see their work and patients through a sex and gender lens. http://mayocl.in/2mvVEF6
Women’s Wellness: Sex and gender in medical research
Transforming medical practice through sex and gender-based research.